Roose town house
Roose town house, open all year round, was rebuilt as a guesthouse from the private residence of Karl Kaups, a pastor and member of the Estonian Parliament.
The two storied house was built in 1939, but the owner wasn't able to spend a day in his new house – the Soviets who had just occupied Estonia simply couldn't allow one person to have two houses. Karl Kaups fled to the USA in fear of the oncoming Russian Army and occupation. Since Estonia regained its independence the house is once again owned by the Kaups family.
Karl Kaups (born 29.12 1888 in Kärdla – died 08.10.1968 in New York)
- the house has 5 bedrooms (2 twin and a single bedroom on the top floor, 2 twin bedrooms on the ground floor, possibility of adding 2 extra beds to a small separate bedroom)
- a large lounge and dining room on each floor
- a kitchen on each floor (refrigerator, micro-wave oven, electric oven, coffee machine, dishwasher, dishes)
- a shower and a toilet on each floor
- TVs and Hi-Fis
- outdoor patio with barbecue equipment